Saturday, September 25, 2010


 Princess Cali

As the mother of 3 boys, I do a LOT of boy cakes!  I wish that one of them would have been a fortress, because I needed a dry run on this new style of cake!  There were so many techniques that I had never done, that I was learning as I went along.  Lucky for me, this cake only had to travel next door!  Next time, I know what I will do to increase stability.

When it comes right down to it, all that matters is that it tastes good!  The top of this cake was Not so Thin Mint chocolate with with white chocolate buttercream.  The bottom tier was Sour Cream White cake with pink buttercream!  Cali's mom asked for a buttercream cake, so the only fondant found on this cake, were in the details.  I found a fabulous scraper/cutter that helped me get the buttercream as smooth as possible; that is, before I roughed it up with the brick template!  

It was really fun to do such a "girlie" cake!  It isn't that often that I make cakes with pinks, purples and flowers!

Cali, Happy Birthday!
You are truly a little princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment